About Pretty Petals by Bridget
Pretty Petals by Bridget is owned by Bridget DiSpigno. She is a freelance floral designer who loves flowers and loves to bring that love of flowers to others. Pretty Petals by Bridget specializes in creating exquisite wedding bouquets and unique event flowers to enhance your special day.
Consultations with Pretty Petals by Bridget are by appointment only. She meets you at a time and location that is convenient for you. We schedule only one event per weekend, so you can be sure your event is the top priority and will receive the utmost attention and focus.
When you work with Bridget, she will help you create the atmosphere you wish for your event through flowers whether it is elegant, modern or rustic. She is your contact point from idea conception to the day of the event. She is the one who will order the flowers you decided on, check to make sure that when the flowers arrive they are perfect and creates the bouquets and centerpieces you talked about in your first consultation herself...so nothing gets lost in translation. Pretty Petals by Bridget uses the freshest and most beautiful flowers for your event. This meticulous attention to detail results in the gorgeous bouquets you expect from a professional.
Pretty Petals by Bridget's mission is to be dedicated to you, the customer, by providing the highest quality of products and service possible while providing you an exceptional value.
Bridget DiSpigno (Owner and Floral Designer)
Bridget opened her first flower shop at the young age of 9. She spent many childhood afternoons clearing the toys and clothes out of her bedroom closet to create her dream store. Numerous summer afternoons were spent arranging silk flowers she found from around the house and picking dandelions (the "pretty" weeds) & other flowers from the backyard garden to sell to her family and stuffed animals.
In the years that have followed that first flower shop, Bridget has gained the necessary skills, experience and credentials to bring her childhood dream into reality.
Bridget has over 15 years of Floral Design experience in flower shops which span several states, from Lincoln, NE to Virginia Beach, VA to now, the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro area. Not only does she have the practical experience in flower shops, but she has also earned her Bachelors of Science degree in Business Administration and Marketing from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. While at UNL, she took all the college level Floral Design classes offered and after mastering those classes, became the Teacher's Assistant in the Floral Design classes. Upon moving to the Minneapolis area, she decided to continue to hone her skills and graduated from the Minneapolis School of Floral Design.
Helpful Hints for a Successful Consultation:
My goal is to make your wedding consultation and choosing your wedding flowers one of the most fun aspects of your wedding planning. Once you have your consultation scheduled with Pretty Petals by Bridget, there are a few things to prepare that will help the consultation go smoothly.
- Know a rough budget for your flowers. This can be flexible, but having an initial amount will help me guide you to the right flowers.
- I always start with the bride’s bouquet…because, of course, the bride is the most important part of the day! Come with your wedding colors, fabric swatches, theme or feel of your wedding, and photos are great! I am happy to look at your Pinterest board with you and have many resources of my own to show you flowers that I think will be great for your wedding.
- We will sit down and discuss all aspects of your wedding. It is helpful to know the number of bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other people in the wedding you will want to honor with flowers. This can include: Mothers and Fathers, Grandparents, Flower Girls and Ring bearers, Host and Hostess, Personal Attendants, Readers…the list can go on. It is not necessary to know the final count at the consultation if a few people are still undecided, but it will help give a more complete estimate.
- Think about if you will need flowers for the ceremony location, reception, cake, and rehearsal dinner. Once again, pictures and Pinterest boards are great starting points for letting me know what your vision is for your wedding. I am happy to use any vases or containers you have and would like to provide or you can also rent or buy containers from Pretty Petals by Bridget.
- Once we have discussed all the parts of your big day, I will give you a rough estimate at the end of the consultation. I will give you the opportunity to sign a contract that will reserve your wedding date with me. That day will be yours and yours alone. I do not schedule multiple weddings on the same day. A firm quote will follow a few days after the consultation.
Thank you for scheduling your consultation with Pretty Petals by Bridget! I am excited to meet you and hear about your wedding!